Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Free membership or Premium

Second Life is free.  You can play in SL forever with a free membership, I know many who do.  I however, have found that when I am not premium i am constantly on the lookout for a place to just roost while I do my clean up of inventory, or looking for a dressing room to open boxes and change in. For me being Premium is peace of mind.  I automatically have a place to call home, I can come and go with just a click on the home icon, when I'm tired, I can sit at home and just do what I want, listen to music while tidying up my inventory, have a friend over, redecorate, all kinds of things that without a home base isn't as easy to do.
Pickings are slim right now.  I remember a time when the variety of homes and locations were many.  Now that is not the case.  A friend joined earlier in the week and she had the option of 1 type of house in one community.  I'd not seen the inside of that house before, liked it to the extend I was prepared to join up to get one.  Too late, when I tried last night, there were no more, all gone.
I am now mistress of my own home (see above) nestled deep  in a forest somewhere on the mainland.  I have had a wonderful time shopping for my new home, You get the home of your choice (from what there is available at the time you become premium) and 117 prims which you can use to decorate your home anyway you want. (there are obviously more benefits, but you will find that on the Second Life Premium upgrade page)
By clicking on your "search" tool, and inserting the search words, low prim furniture, you will have access to a number of designers who focus on giving you rooms full of furniture to pick from all at low prim count. For myself, I found Dench Designs,( taxi will be at end of this piece) met almost all my needs. 

I did try renting, but to rent you have to have an income in SL to pay the rent with ..=^_^=   For me, it is easier to be a premium member, which by the way is now 50% off for the quarterly membership plan, this way, I also get a 300L a week stipend from LL for being a premium member. The cost btw is $11.25 US dollars for the premium that i've just  mentioned.  Figure it out, that works out to less than a dollar a week for the next twelve weeks, and you earn 300L a week to play with.
While the winter winds blow, and the snow squalls blind the view, I'll be tucked into my little nest, reading or dressing for the club. There are wonderful live venues on these days.  In SL the directories are full of places to see and do. The merchants are in good Xmas cheer, offering sales, hunts and free gifts to entice shoppers.

Speaking of hunts, can't do so without reminding you that the Peace On Earth hunt is on, this was founded by Sequoia Nightfire back in 2008, taxi for this start of this hunt will follow. Look for this signage in stores that participate.
Sequoia has worked hard over the year to build the credibility of the hunt, and to keep and maintain the best in merchants and designers.  This means that you are assured of a well run hunt with good prizes.

There is always a lot to do in SL, enjoy yourselves whatever your plans are, if you are not already a Premium member, now you may want to consider it.Good luck in the hunt, I am pathetic at them..but with this hunt its worth the effort, so i try. =^_^-

HOME OF EVOLVE & SEQUOIA STYLE, POE 2013

Dench Designs LOW PRIM Furniture and Christmas Store   ** this shop is participating in the POE Hunt, you will see the sign on landing, and the arrow



No comments:

Post a Comment